Tropical Rice Pudding
4 cups rice pudding
- 2 (13.5 oz.) cans organic full-fat coconut milk, chilled and separated
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked organic_long_grain_white_rice
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and diced
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 1 cup sugared walnuts (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Carefully open cans of coconut milk (do not turn them over), spoon out the top layer of coconut cream into a bowl and set aside 1 cup to use later.
Pour the coconut milk and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add uncooked rice and stir; return to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer; stir in vanilla and cover. Cook 35 minutes or until rice is soft.
Remove from heat and stir in the saved 1 cup coconut cream and sugar
Stir in chopped pineapple, mandarin oranges and raisins. Sprinkle top with sugared nuts. Serve warm or chilled.
In a sauté pan, stir water and sugar over medium heat until all of the sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cinnamon and chopped nuts. Continue to stir until all of the liquid has evaporated and walnuts are coated with the sugar.
Use organic ingredients when available.