Organic Cheddar Jalapeño Rice Cakes
18 rice cakes
- 1 cup organic_long_grain_white_rice
- 1 cup organic sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large organic eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons organic mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons organic corn meal (can use gluten-free to make this recipe GF)
- 1 teaspoon organic Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon organic olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup organic green onion, finely chopped (approximately 2 scallions)
- 1/2 cup organic fresh jalapeño peppers, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup organic frozen corn kernels
- sour cream, for garnish
- green onion, finely chopped, for garnish
Prepare 1 cup Florida’s Table™ Organic Long Grain White Rice according to the directions on the package.
In bowl, combine first 8 ingredients; set aside. Heat skillet on medium setting. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, green onion and jalapeños. Sauté for approx. 10 minutes until softened and slightly golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup corn, leave to set for 1 minute, then pour into cooked rice and stir.
Add 1/4 cup olive oil to skillet and heat on medium setting. Once oil is heated, drop several individual heaping tablespoons of rice mixture into skillet about an inch apart and cook for approx. 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and continue to cook other side for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Line a dish with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Garnish with dollop of sour cream and finely chopped green onion. Serve immediately.
To add protein and create a main entrée, simply add your choice of grilled shrimp or pan-seared scallops.