Organic Avocado Brown Rice
3 1/2 cups rice
- 1 cup organic_long_grain_brown_rice
- 1 tablespoon organic shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup organic cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic jalapeño peppers, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 organic avocado, halved, pitted and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- juice from 1 organic lime
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon organic ground cumin (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon organic granulated garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher or pink salt, divided (to taste)
- pinch black pepper
- fresh salsa, for garnish
- sour cream or plain yogurt, for garnish
Prepare Florida’s Table™ Organic Long Grain Brown Rice according to the directions on the package. Add chopped shallot to water for rice before cooking.
In a large bowl, add cilantro, jalapeño peppers and avocado. Mash with the back of a fork until well blended. Add lime juice, cumin, garlic, salt and black pepper. Stir with fork to combine.
Add warm rice and stir. Garnish with fresh salsa and a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt, if desired. Serve immediately.
Serve as a side dish or, to add protein and create a main entrée, simply add your choice of seafood or chicken.