Baked Quiche Rice Cups
12 quiche rice cups
15 to 20 minutes
- 3 cups cooked long_grain_brown_rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion, chopped
- 9 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped, optional
Prepare the rice according to the directions on the package; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease each opening of a cupcake pan.
In a large bowl, toss rice with butter. Add Canadian bacon, cheese and onion; mix.
Place 1/4 cup rice mixture into each cupcake pan opening. With fingers, press up the sides and bottom forming a rice cup.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Pour a small amount into each rice cup. Sprinkle top of each with Parmesan cheese.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool. With an offset spatula, lift quiches out onto a serving plate; top with scallions, if desired. Serve warm.
Quiches can be frozen and reheated as needed.
This is a gluten-free recipe.